- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What is a hero?
The first 200 words of this essay...
SAT Essay Question - December
Prompt: Again and again we hear the complaint that we have no heroes anymore. Heroes--people who should be admired for their great courage or noble achievements--are no longer recognized in our modern world. Many people, in fact, believe that heroes existed only in the past. But this belief is wrong. Because more praise is given to the latest technological innovation than to one individual's heroic achievements, we may not be aware of our heroes, but we do have them.
Question: Is it possible to be a hero in the modern world? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or observations.
The statement that heroes, admirable and noble people, no longer exist in the modern world is an erroneous statement. Heroes aren't as obvious as one would think. This contributes to the fallacious assumption that there are no modern heroes. Heroes aren't stereotypes who wear tights and can fly, or someone who is always one hundred percent brave or noble. In fact, a hero can be someone who simply
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
General Studies (view all)
- Should Cannabis be legalised in the UK?
- The charge of the light brigade: Analysis
- This assignment will demonstrate a written reflective accoun...
- SCHOOL UNIFORM
- Formal Report on Time Management. As part of my Study Skills...
- Which diseases are more prevalent in your country and what c...
- Should the Death penalty be re-introduced?
- Pro Speech- Capital Punishment
- Discuss the statement " Art changes the world as much a...
- Should scientific research be restricted in any way?
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo