- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Account for the uneven distribution of food supplies in the more developed countries and the less developed countries. What can be done by the MDC to help overcome the problem of famine in LDC? Illustrate your answer with appropriate examples.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Today, despite the existence of sufficient food supplies, the goal of feeding everyone in the world cannot be achieved due to the uneven distribution of food supplies. Over 1 000 million people now live in starvation.
Account for the uneven distribution of food supplies in the more developed countries and the less developed countries.
What can be done by the MDC to help overcome the problem of famine in LDC? Illustrate your answer with appropriate examples.
Overall, the food produced should be sufficient to feed the global population, however in reality this cannot be achieved due to the uneven distribution of resources, thus food supplies. In many less developed countries (LDCs in short), such as Ethiopia in North Africa, western part of China in particular, the problem of famine is still their major problem to cope with; whereas in some more developed countries (MDCs in short), such as USA, they food production are in surplus which are even sufficient for large amount of export.
Physical factors are the dominant factors which contribute to the uneven distribution of food supplies in the world. The less developed countries usually locates at latitudes with extreme climate, therefore
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- Describe what is meant by Industry
- A robot is an intelligent and obedient, but impersonal machi...
- There are three different sectors within business. They are:...
- This project is about the farming in the Bahamas. Areas we a...
- Why did Mao begin the great leap forward in 1958?
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.