- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in Wales Coed-Y-Brenin Forest, Snowdonia
The first 200 words of this essay...
Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in Wales
Coed-Y-Brenin Forest, Snowdonia
The need to rebrand
The Forestry Commission was set up in the 1920's, after WW1. Its main objective was to make lots of timber reserves, just in case for another war. The timber was used in trenches and in mines.
It ignored some aspects of countryside management until recently. This was because they just planted the fastest growing trees, such as non-native coniferous trees. These took over the land and lots were planted (1940's-1960 and more). But then they started to think of conservation (1980's). Also in 1992 the Rio de Janeiro Earth Summit was held. This was the first time sustainability as a policy was talked about and also protection. Then in 1998, the forest strategy was introduced; and they were the first country to have one. A new strategy was released called 'Woodlands for Woods'. This has a 5 year action plan (2010-2015) and then another one is released. This strategy was revised 2 years ago and is always a work in progress. This lasts until at least 50 years, where each new party has to follow this.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- There are three different sectors within business. They are:...
- What is meant by the terms core and periphery?
- Development Essay - BRAZIL
- The Scott Report and the Making of the Modern Countryside - ...
- What effects did railways have on life in Britain in the per...
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
- The Role and Importance of Agriculture In the Carribean. Or...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'