- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparing population, globalisation and social justice in Australia and Indonesia
The first 200 words of this essay...
Major Essay - in lieu of exam
"Taking the three components of the course title: population, globalisation and social justice, write an essay of 2,000 to 2,500 words comparing their application in Australia and Indonesia".
Questions of population, globalisation and social justice are helpful in comparing a wealthy, western country; Australia, and a developing and somewhat poverty-stricken country; Indonesia. By looking at similar problems that both countries share, but also looking at the differences in the problems and also in the way in which the countries handle these problems, one can appreciate the inequalities that exist between developed and developing countries, as well as examine some of the difficulties that face humanity.
In recent times issues concerning population have been prevalent in both Indonesia and Australia, especially regarding immigration, refugees, carrying capacity and specifically in Indonesia; transmigration. In Australia, much news has been devoted to issues of race, especially the immigration policy of the Australian government. There seems to have been somewhat of a consensus reached that a population of 23 million is the optimum population that Australia's resources can currently handle, (Foran and Poldy, 2002:12) and given the one to two percent population
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Global Interdependence & Economic Transition (view all)
- The Positive and Negative impacts of Tourism Development.
- Investigating Travel and Tourism
- The Development of the Modern Travel and Tourism Industry
- Discuss the positive and negative economic impacts of touris...
- Effective Environmental Impact Management through Ecotourism
- (1b) Using named examples, evaluate the economic and politic...
- To what extent do Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) meet...
- How energy secure are we in the UK?
- It may seem that the spice trade in ancient times and modern...
- World Development Essay. The Role of Charities.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.