- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Competition - What do we mean by the Global Market place?
The first 200 words of this essay...
C/W Business Studies March 19, 2003
1. What do we mean by the Global Market place?
Global means to introduce the company world wide. To make the company known to the whole world rather than just one country.
2. What is globalisation?
Globalisation refers to the way a company sets out to operate in exactly the same way throughout the globe using the same packaging, the same products, the same adverts, etc., in every country in which it operates.
3. What is internationalisation?
This refers to the way in which companies expand their operations overseas in order to exploit new markets.
4. To be competitive an organisation needs to make sure that it:
* Provide quality products that meet customer requirements.
* Values its people- the most important resource of any organisation.
* Uses modern technology, including information technology, to its full potential.
* Ploughs back funds into new investment, research and product development.
* Experiments with new ideas and sets out to lead rather than follow the field.
* Makes sure that it has outstanding customer and community relationships as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Global Interdependence & Economic Transition (view all)
- Referring to both pharmaceutical and tobacco companies, expl...
- Investigating Travel & Tourism
- Impacts of Tourism in Swanage.
- Discuss the Extent to which it is possible to measure develo...
- Transnational corporations. There are two types of TNCs that...
- Development Increases Inequalties within a country. Discuss ...
- (1b) Using named examples, evaluate the economic and politic...
- To what extent do Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) meet...
- How energy secure are we in the UK?
- It may seem that the spice trade in ancient times and modern...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.