- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Competition - What do we mean by the Global Market place?
The first 200 words of this essay...
C/W Business Studies March 19, 2003
1. What do we mean by the Global Market place?
Global means to introduce the company world wide. To make the company known to the whole world rather than just one country.
2. What is globalisation?
Globalisation refers to the way a company sets out to operate in exactly the same way throughout the globe using the same packaging, the same products, the same adverts, etc., in every country in which it operates.
3. What is internationalisation?
This refers to the way in which companies expand their operations overseas in order to exploit new markets.
4. To be competitive an organisation needs to make sure that it:
* Provide quality products that meet customer requirements.
* Values its people- the most important resource of any organisation.
* Uses modern technology, including information technology, to its full potential.
* Ploughs back funds into new investment, research and product development.
* Experiments with new ideas and sets out to lead rather than follow the field.
* Makes sure that it has outstanding customer and community relationships as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Global Interdependence & Economic Transition (view all)
- Investigating Travel & Tourism
- Discuss the Extent to which it is possible to measure develo...
- The Meaning of Globalisation and its Effects
- Discuss the positive and negative economic impacts of touris...
- Living in the country is better than living in the city
- What is Inequality? Give some examples.
- How did colonialists justify their actions?
- Examine the Indicators used to measure development and asses...
- Development Increases Inequalties within a country. Discuss ...
- (1b) Using named examples, evaluate the economic and politic...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.