- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Demography of England.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The birth rate is the number of live births born in England per 1000 per year. The number of live births in 2002 was 669 thousand. It has decreased in the last 100 years because 100 years ago, parents had many children, family sizes of 8 and 9. This was important in them days, as the parents would rely on their children to look after them, when they got older and for the children to go out to work. Nowadays family sizes are smaller, averaging couples, having babies later on in life, as women are wanting careers, also having children later on in life, therefore limiting how long they have got to conceive. Attitudes have changed over the years also, it is the 'norm' to have less children than 100 years ago.
The death rate is the number of people per 1000 population who die in a year. The number of deaths in the year 2000 was 10 per 1000. It has decreased in the last 100 years. It has fallen, because now we follow a better healthier diet, there is better sanitation, a better health service. I.e.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Population & Settlement (view all)
- Comparison Between MEDC and LEDC
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of an ageing popul...
- AIDS and overpopulation in Africa.
- For my Travel and Tourism coursework I have chosen Marbella ...
- Mauritius - Case Study Focusing On Population.
- With reference to one or more located examples, examine how ...
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of studentificatio...
- Describe the fieldwork and research you would undertake in o...
- Analysis of Chinas One Child Policy
- Explain why student ghettos develop in some urban areas
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student