- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Different types of travel destination. Study of Cardiff and Barcelona as travel destinations.
- Essay length: 10075 words
- Submitted: 01/09/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
People travel to business meetings outside of their general workplace everyday. They may travel through public transport (Bus, Train Plane etc.) or they may travel in their car. In doing the meetings they can contribute to the Tourism economy. Business meeting are generally by the mode of transport that the majority of delegates will be using. There are also exhibitions and trade fairs that usually require the attendees to stay overnight for instance Information Technology Education & Exposition fair in Washington where attendees stay overnight.
Many large business or organisations will hold annual conventions and use a hotel conference room. Large businesses may also use incentive travel as a way to try and make their employees work harder and better. They may also provide hotels meals etc for important customers for example an investor for a football club may receive free tickets and a hotel for that investor. All capital cities can be classed as a business destination because the government and international business men ands women will use it for conferences and meetings. All major business destinations must have a good transport system into the city, good transport within the city. It must also
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Global Interdependence & Economic Transition (view all)
- Investigating Travel & Tourism
- Discuss the Extent to which it is possible to measure develo...
- The Meaning of Globalisation and its Effects
- Discuss the positive and negative economic impacts of touris...
- 'The growth of transnational corporations has had a major im...
- What is Inequality? Give some examples.
- How did colonialists justify their actions?
- Examine the Indicators used to measure development and asses...
- Development Increases Inequalties within a country. Discuss ...
- (1b) Using named examples, evaluate the economic and politic...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo