- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Different types of travel destination. Study of Cardiff and Barcelona as travel destinations.
- Essay length: 10075 words
- Submitted: 01/09/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
People travel to business meetings outside of their general workplace everyday. They may travel through public transport (Bus, Train Plane etc.) or they may travel in their car. In doing the meetings they can contribute to the Tourism economy. Business meeting are generally by the mode of transport that the majority of delegates will be using. There are also exhibitions and trade fairs that usually require the attendees to stay overnight for instance Information Technology Education & Exposition fair in Washington where attendees stay overnight.
Many large business or organisations will hold annual conventions and use a hotel conference room. Large businesses may also use incentive travel as a way to try and make their employees work harder and better. They may also provide hotels meals etc for important customers for example an investor for a football club may receive free tickets and a hotel for that investor. All capital cities can be classed as a business destination because the government and international business men ands women will use it for conferences and meetings. All major business destinations must have a good transport system into the city, good transport within the city. It must also
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Global Interdependence & Economic Transition (view all)
- Investigating Travel & Tourism
- Referring to both pharmaceutical and tobacco companies, expl...
- Cold environments may be developed in a sustainable manner. ...
- Compare the effectiveness of strategies to reduce poverty in...
- Sustainable Tourism - Kenya is in Africaand is becoming a po...
- Development Increases Inequalties within a country. Discuss ...
- (1b) Using named examples, evaluate the economic and politic...
- To what extent do Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) meet...
- How energy secure are we in the UK?
- It may seem that the spice trade in ancient times and modern...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.