- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
All cities experience environmental problems to a lesser or greater degree, usually causing great obstruction to the developers that attempt to improve the urban environment. The brown agenda that obstructs this includes these issues:
* Air pollution
* Water supply
* Environmental health
* Urban ecosystems
Waste products and waste disposal
* Solids from paper, packaging and toxic waste increase as the numbers and affluence increase
* Liquid sewage and industrial waste both rise exponentially
* Sewage control in Calcutta, India-during the monsoon season sewage can be seen pouring down the side of the street where the drains are insufficient to cope.
* Contamination and health hazards from poor systems of disposal, e.g. rat infestation and waterborne diseases
* An example of an MEDC problem of waste disposal is in the 'Bronx', south of New-York-rubbish continually clutters the streets, just like in the squatter settlements in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Solutions to any problem are made more difficult by the lack of available resources and the sheer scale of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental Management (view all)
- 'The environment is being harmed more by human activity that...
- Critically contrast the approach to organisations of the cla...
- The characteristics of the vegetation of tropical biomes are...
- Causes and consequences of Land, air and noise pollution in ...
- Impact of climate change on humans
- (1a) Explain the classification of the selected energy resou...
- To what extent has the Three Gorges Dam project, in China, b...
- HOW PHYSICAL AND HUMAN FACTORS MAY HAVE MADE FLORIDA A CROWD...
- Economy Vs Environment. Development assumes economic growth...
- The development of alternative energy sources is a possible ...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.