- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Examine the causes and consequences of the rise of manufacturing in NIC's  NIC's are countries which were formerly classified as less developed, but which is becoming rapidly industrialize
The first 200 words of this essay...
Examine the causes and consequences of the rise of manufacturing in NIC's 
NIC's are countries which were formerly classified as less developed, but which is becoming rapidly industrialized. The first wave of countries to be identified as newly industrializing included Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan. These countries underwent rapid industrial growth in the 1970s and 1980s, attracting significant financial investment, and are now associated with high-technology industries. More recently, Thailand, China, and Malaysia have been classified as newly industrializing countries.
The main causes of NIC's having a rise in manufacturing industries are that companies situate in the NIC because the ground rent is much lower than in their original location and also the national wage is much lower in an NIC so they can afford more workers therefore they can produce more stock and faster rates and greatly improve their profits. There are a high number of workers in an NIC who would migrate if there were a new job opportunity in the country because they maybe poor and need the extra income the transnational companies can offer to support their families. Also there is fewer safely regulations in these countries so
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- Describe what is meant by Industry
- The Scott Report and the Making of the Modern Countryside - ...
- There are three different sectors within business. They are:...
- Summarise the advantages and disadvantages of extracting Ala...
- Is deindustrialisation in the U.K an undesirable process?
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.