- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain why there is a need for world development There is a need for world development because the gap between the rich and poor is getting wider and many lives are lost needlessly.
The first 200 words of this essay...
(a)(ii) Explain why there is a need for world development
There is a need for world development because the gap between the rich and poor is getting wider and many lives are lost needlessly.
The reasons for lack of development are because of war and some less developed countries spend more of their money on weapons that could be used to send all children to school. Also, war destroys land, homes, hospitals, schools, and leave people to flee o other neighboring countries, causing that country to also become poor. Some chemicals also contaminate the ground so that nothing can be grown there.
There are many deaths that are easily treatable but cause so many deaths in the 'third world'. The less developed countries are poor because they may have corrupt government officials that spend money on less important things such as civil wars and the production of weapons. The money isn't equally distributed throughout the world, some people have luxuries that are unnecessary such as pointless electronics e.g. hair dryers when others starve to death and struggle to survive.
Some people argue that we do help the less developed countries by giving them food but
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- There are three different sectors within business. They are:...
- The Scott Report and the Making of the Modern Countryside - ...
- Development Essay - BRAZIL
- What effects did railways have on life in Britain in the per...
- What is meant by the terms core and periphery?
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo