- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How and why have historians differed in their views of the British economy in the 1930’s?
The first 200 words of this essay...
How and why have historians differed in their views of the British economy in the 1930's?
Historians will always differ on points of views of all types of historical evidence. However, two main attitudes are present.
A pessimistic view which is one that represents a dull and depression Britain, and a optimist view this is one that implies that at the time the state of affairs was in fact good. Neither one of these attitudes is either totally correct or totally wrong but each gives a slightly different analysis of what the 1930's in Britain were like.
With the Wall Street, crash in October 1929 there was sure to be some impact on England. America recalled loans (from first world war) this put countries like Britain a currency crisis therefore meaning that England would be forced to leave the gold standard leaving Britain with a unstable eccommomic crisis about the value of the pound.
With over 60% out of work it was not, supriseing that the 1930's were looked apon as being the hungry thirties. A bleak 1930's with a common view of a poor hungry Britain. With many out of work and collecting on the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- The controversy and the future of Common Agricultural Policy...
- Arthur Lewis's dual-sector model of development.
- Why did Agriculture not share in the ‘boom’...
- A robot is an intelligent and obedient, but impersonal machi...
- There are three different sectors within business. They are:...
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.