- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How is Human Activity affecting the Tundra Environment ?
The first 200 words of this essay...
How is Human Activity affecting the Tundra Environment
The tundra biome is the least explored biome on earth mainly due to its conditions and location . The Tundra is located at high latitudes and altitudes . Artic Tundra is located at the higher latitudes in the North Pole ,Greenland, Northern Canada and Siberia .Alpine Tundra is found at the higher altitude areas such as the Alps ,Andes and the Himalaya's to name a few. Like all the biomes which have been subject to human activity , the Tundra is now starting to feel the effects of the human presence .The three main sources of potential problems in the Tundra derive from Oil exploration and drilling , Tourism and increased traffic .
The first Oil exploration and Drilling is still in the early stages in Alaska specifically the Artic National Wildlife Refuge National Park . There are opposing views on the issue of drilling for oil in this region depending on which president is in power . Former President Bush was all for drilling in the Park as the substantial reserves that could lie beneath the ice would reduce US dependency on foreign oil and strengthen their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental Management (view all)
- The impact of human activities on the environment
- How do humans affect the environment?
- Man's influence on the environment.
- Deforestation and its impact on the environment
- Pollution Project.
- (1a) Explain the classification of the selected energy resou...
- To what extent has the Three Gorges Dam project, in China, b...
- HOW PHYSICAL AND HUMAN FACTORS MAY HAVE MADE FLORIDA A CROWD...
- Economy Vs Environment. Development assumes economic growth...
- The development of alternative energy sources is a possible ...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.