- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Impact of climate change on humans
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Human Geography and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Affects of climate change
The question of climate change and global warming has recently acquired unprecedented emotional impact. It seems that anxiety about a catastrophe caused by human foolishness has now focused on the uncertain future of the earth's atmosphere. Climate and especially its variability have long been among the major environmental factors with which man has had to compete with. During the past few years, there have been reports of persistent cooling trends, severe droughts, monsoon rains, and devastating storms. Some scientists have interpreted these events as showing that the global climate is changing in such a way as to make conditions for man more difficult.
The direct impact of a warmer climate include rising sea levels and coastal inundation, impacts related to weather events include the frequency and intensity of droughts, flooding, tropical cyclones etc. Many of these challenges faced from living in a warmer earth result from the regional climate change and even from the amount of pollutants emitted. A year of extreme weather events has presented clear indications of human pressures on the planet while a devastating tsunami revealed the earth's continuing vulnerability. An unprecedented rise in carbon dioxide levels coincided with stronger evidence
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental Management (view all)
- How do humans affect the environment?
- Obesity has increased in many parts of the world, both globa...
- What impact has study into perception had on the nature nurt...
- The impact of human activities on the environment
- Hubbersts Peak - The impending world shortage on oil - Book ...
- (1a) Explain the classification of the selected energy resou...
- To what extent has the Three Gorges Dam project, in China, b...
- HOW PHYSICAL AND HUMAN FACTORS MAY HAVE MADE FLORIDA A CROWD...
- Economy Vs Environment. Development assumes economic growth...
- The development of alternative energy sources is a possible ...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.