- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Just in Time (JIT), as a survival strategy for the manufacturing industry against fierce global market competition.
- Essay length: 4662 words
- Submitted: 07/04/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. Introduction 2
2. How Just in Time evolved? 3
3. What is Just in Time 5
3.1 Goals of JIT
3.2 Elements of JIT
3.3 JIT Implementation
3.4 Problems in Implementing JIT
3.5 Benefits from JIT
4. Success stories 8
5. JIT in the West 10
6. Who may not benefit fully from using JIT? 12
7. Technologies and Concepts that originated from JIT 14
7.2 Lean Manufacturing
8. References 16
9. Appendix 18
Just in Time (JIT) has often been considered as a survival strategy for the manufacturing industry against fierce global market competition. The three words say it all, everything happens just in time. For example, consider my journey to college this morning, I could have left my house, just-in-time to catch a bus to the college, just-in-time to arrive at my college, just-in-time to pick up my lecture notes, just-in-time to walk into the lecture room, just-in-time to attend the lecture. Theoretically there is no problem about this; however achieving this in practice is likely to be difficult.
Similarly in a manufacturing
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- What are the main characteristics of high-tech (high technol...
- Why did Agriculture not share in the ‘boom’...
- A robot is an intelligent and obedient, but impersonal machi...
- There are three different sectors within business. They are:...
- Everyone's Gasoline Problem. We are all familiar with fluctu...
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.