- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Land Pollution - Introduction
When we hear a person describe a place as 'dirty', what usually comes to our minds is the bad condition of the place. The place, which could be your bedroom, is imagined to have clothes scattered on the floor and books unarranged on the shelf.
However, I define the word 'dirty' in a more specific manner. 'Dirty' in my definition, means that there are rubbish or litter on the floor. This makes the atmosphere of that certain place unpleasant not only to the eye, but also to the mind.
Land pollution is therefore the dirtying of the land. It comes about due to inconsiderate dumping of waste, littering and ineffective waste disposal methods.
First of all pesticides are poisons. They are designed to kill pests (hence the name) but often the only reason it kills pests rather than larger animals is due to the strength of the dose. This is why farmers and others must use protective clothing, gloves and masks when handling these chemicals. Otherwise by the end of the day, especially if handling the concentrated pesticide before it is watered down and sprayed, they can take
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental Management (view all)
- The impact of human activities on the environment
- Positive and negative effects of the Three Gorges dam projec...
- Greenhouse Effect Research Assignment.
- Environmental Pollution Faced In Malaysia
- 'What problems do urban planners face? How are they to be so...
- I am researching about four organisations energy policies wh...
- With reference to transport management in urban areas, discu...
- What Is Hydroelectricity? What are the Pros and Cons?
- (1a) Explain the classification of the selected energy resou...
- To what extent has the Three Gorges Dam project, in China, b...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.