- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Patterns of food and drink choices across the USA
The first 200 words of this essay...
II. Popular Food Customs
* People in country with more developed economy are likely to have income, time, & inclination to facilitate greater adoption of pop. culture
A. Alcohol and fresh produce
1. Consumption of large quantities of alcoholic beverages & snack foods are characteristic of food customs of popular societies
2. Amount of alcohol, snacks consumed, & preferences for types vary by region within MDCs
3. Americans- choose beverage/snacks usually by what is produced, grown, or imported locally
1. Bourbon -upper South (most of it is produced)
2. Rum- East Coast (arrives from Caribbean)
3. Canadian Whiskey- communities close to Canada
1. Pork Rinds- South (more hogs raised)
2. Popcorn & Potato Chips- Northerners (grows corn & potatoes)
4. Cultural backgrounds affect amount & types of alcohol &snack foods consumed
a. Alcohol consumption- relates to religious backgrounds & income/advertising
1. Baptists & Mormons drink less than other religions
2. Baptists concentrated around SE & Mormons in Utah- relatively low consumption rates
3. Nevada has high rate- heavy concentration of gambling and other resort activities
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Population & Settlement (view all)
- Problems In Tokyo.
- Analyse the economic, environmental, social and demographic ...
- With reference to examples, discuss the overall effectivenes...
- Functions of settlements - Differences between urban and rur...
- Comparison Between MEDC and LEDC
- With reference to one or more located examples, examine how ...
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of studentificatio...
- Describe the fieldwork and research you would undertake in o...
- Analysis of Chinas One Child Policy
- Explain why student ghettos develop in some urban areas
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.