- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Stadium report. A stadiums presence has a vast range of effects on those in the immediate locality. Social, economic, environmental and hedonic effects are the main criteria this report will address. My argument follows the lines of there being both po
The first 200 words of this essay...
Stadium development and reconstruction has been a common practice throughout history, and since the turn of the millennium, the relocation of stadiums, due to various economic and bureaucratic requirements, has increased. The fundamental question concerning this report is; what constitutes an 'externality'? A solid definition: "an externality is an effect of a purchase or use decision by one set of parties on others who did not have a choice and whose interests were not taken into account" 1. For this report the 'purchase or use decision' applies to the relocation and expansion of stadia, and the 'effects' on 'others' consist of the costs and benefits to the local area and beyond (national, global etc.). One might also refer to them as 'spillover costs/benefits'. A stadium's presence has a vast range of effects on those in the immediate locality. Social, economic, environmental and hedonic effects are the main criteria this report will address. My argument follows the lines of there being both positive and negative externalities involved, with the positives being dominant.
The stadiums used in this report are:
New Wembley Stadium
City of Manchester Stadium
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- The Future of the British Countryside.
- The Industrial Revolution
- Quarrying, More than 23,000 work in the quarrying industry i...
- Soil Degradation in Canada
- Describe the Changes In Farming in the 18th Century and the ...
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.