- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The controversy and the future of Common Agricultural Policy of European Union
The first 200 words of this essay...
The controversy and the future of Common
Agricultural Policy of European Union
Effect of enlargement
Agriculture is a problematic area in every developed country. Free market economy that allows direct competition of agricultural products can often cause a surplus or shortage of certain products, and quality changes. In order to ensure reliable supply of food member states of the European Union decided to cooperate and transferred the authority over agriculture policy to European level. Common Agricultural Policy was set in 1961 and its aims were to improve production and solve existing problems in agriculture all over EU member states. The previous successes of cooperation with coal and steel, and the fact that most states had difficulties to produce certain goods logically led to deeper cooperation in agriculture, and to CAP. Today, "CAP is regarded as the most developed of the European Union's policies and covers almost 90% of all agricultural products" (reader). But, also it is regarded as the most controversial and has been responsible for some negative consequences on the industry, and it had to go under many reforms. This essay will explain why CAP has been both celebrated and criticized. Also, it will
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- There are three different sectors within business. They are:...
- What is meant by the terms core and periphery?
- The Scott Report and the Making of the Modern Countryside - ...
- Development Essay - BRAZIL
- What effects did railways have on life in Britain in the per...
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.