- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Role and Importance of Agriculture In the Carribean. Organisations involved in its development. The role of soils and plant types.
- Essay length: 7924 words
- Submitted: 21/01/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
TABLE OF CONTENTS
ROLE AND IMPORTANCE OF AGRICULTURE IN THE CARIBBEAN
Contribution to GDP/GNP
CONSTRAINTS AFFECTING CARIBBEAN AGRICULTURE
Land Tenure and Fragmentation
CLASSIFICATION OF CARIBBEAN FARMS
Distinguishing Features of Farmers (According to Size)
Medium Sized Farms
Distinguishing Features of Farms (According to Produce)
INSTITUTIONS WHICH SUPPORT LOCAL AND REGIONAL AGRICULTURAL
Rural Agricultural Development Authority (RADA)
Bodles Research Station:
Jamaica Livestoc Association (J.L.A.)
Jamaica Agricultural Society (J.A. S.):
Scientific Research Council (SRC
Sugar Industry Research Institute (SIRI)
Caribbean Development Bank (CDB)
Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI )
Caribbean Food and Nutrition Institute (CFNI)
University of the West Indies (UWI)
College of Agriculture, Science and Education (CASE)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- Describe what is meant by Industry
- "The impact of the discovery of DNA on medicine, biotec...
- A robot is an intelligent and obedient, but impersonal machi...
- The Scott Report and the Making of the Modern Countryside - ...
- 'The Making of Modern Russia', 1856-1964.
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.