- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The use and abuse of Snowdonia, a glaciated upland region.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The use and abuse of Snowdonia, a glaciated upland region
Glaciers have had a major effect on the way the landscape in North Wales has been shaped. The Snowdonia National Park in North West Wales (not far from Anglesy) has many features including ribbon lakes, striations, u-shaped valleys and misfit rivers, truncated spurs and hanging valleys, pyramidal peaks and aretes which were been formed in the ice age by glaciers. The national park even includes a cwm or a corrie lake, Cwm Idwal. These features have many uses most of which are good as they bring many job opportunities to the region and various other things but also brings Snowdonia its fair share of problems.
The glacial features of Snowdonia
Glaciers have had a major effect on the landscape of North Wales and towards the east of North Wales this is no exception. In the Snowdon National park is Snowdon a pyramidal peak, it is the highest mountain in England and Wales at 1085 metres. The Snowdonia National Park has everything, breathtaking aretes, u-shaped valleys and various cwms which are all leading off from its summit. Glacial deposition has left its
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hydrology & Fluvial Geomorphology (view all)
- Study the downstream changes of Loughton Brook.
- As the water flow progresses downstream, the river channel s...
- Does the river Alyn follow Bradshaw's model?
- Loughton Brook River Studies - Epping Forest
- Geography Coursework: Epping Forest
- To what extent should cold environments to be considered as ...
- List of River Valley Projects in India.
- Compare and comment on the flood management approaches in tw...
- Discus to the extent to which you believe Carlisle floods 20...
- Assess the costs and benefits of one river management scheme...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.