- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The World Trade Organisation and China.
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. What is the World Trade Organization and what does it do?
The world trade organization is an organization that supervises and liberates world trade. The organization deals with regulation of trade between countries and provides an outline for negotiating and formalizing trade agreements, and a argument resolution process aimed at enforcing participants' loyalty to WTO agreements which are signed by representatives of member governments.
2. When did China join the World Trade Organization and what terms did they agree to?
China agreed to join the WTO on September 17th 2001. China demanded the right to be able to subsidize its farmers up to 10% - the levels allowed for developing countries - but finally agreed to settle at 8.5%.
3. Why were countries weary about China's behavior within the WTO?
China enters the WTO and must start to lower its barriers to imported goods. But countries have found it hard to get china to comply. . Foreigners seeking patent, trademark, and copyright protection get second-class treatment from Chinese officials. And piracy and counterfeiting of foreign goods are uncontrolled, despite years of promises to reform. America's shipment to China make up just 2%
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Global Interdependence & Economic Transition (view all)
- Investigating Travel & Tourism
- Investigating Travel and Tourism
- The use of trade is the most important tool to achieve econo...
- The Rangeof Commercial and Non-Commercial Organisations in T...
- Effective Environmental Impact Management through Ecotourism
- (1b) Using named examples, evaluate the economic and politic...
- To what extent do Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) meet...
- How energy secure are we in the UK?
- It may seem that the spice trade in ancient times and modern...
- World Development Essay. The Role of Charities.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.