- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
There are three different sectors within business. They are: Primary sector, Secondary sector, Tertiary sector.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Human Geography and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
There are three different sectors within business. They are:
* Primary sector
* Secondary sector
* Tertiary sector
The primary sector comprises the getting of raw materials, the growing of food and the catching of fish. Industries in this sector include: mining for oil, coal, iron, and other minerals; forestry, agriculture, fish farming and land reclamation, etc. In the primary sector are also included the energy-making utilities like coal, oil and nuclear-fuelled power stations, gas making plants and hydroelectric schemes.
This sector refines processes and manufactures and includes industries like petrochemical refineries, steel making mills, factories for making equipment and machinery for industry and goods for consumer purchase.
In this sector are the business which distribute and retail the manufactured goods; they include transport companies which deliver goods by air, sea or land, wholesalers, breaking bulk from warehouses to retail store, retailing chain stores and multiples, franchised shops, newsagents and supermarkets, etc. Also included in this sector are the service industries which sell commodities like information, training, legal advice and finance cover provided by insurance companies, banking services, on-line database providers, office cleaning companies and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- Why is Africa the least economically developed continent in ...
- Why was the site for Quarry Bank Mill chosen by Samuel Greg?
- Industrial History of Taiwan
- Aswan High Dam
- What is meant by the term core and periphery?
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.