- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
This project is about the farming in the Bahamas. Areas we are going to cover are agriculture, subsistence farming in Bahamas, marketing of local crops, and also the result and effects of poor agricultural practices
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Human Geography and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Farming in the Bahamas
This project is about the farming in the Bahamas. Areas we are going to cover are agriculture, subsistence farming in Bahamas, marketing of local crops, and also the result and effects of poor agricultural practices. There are other areas I am going to cover as you will see.
Agriculture is the practice of cultivating the land or raising stock. It is also the process of producing food, seeds, fiber and desired products by the cultivation of certain plants and the raising of domesticated animals (livestock). The practice of agriculture is also known as farming, all methods of production and management of livestock, crops, vegetation, and soil can be done in farming.
Describe local methods of subsistence farming in The Bahamas, that is crop and animal farming in the major islands.
Subsistence farming is farming on a small scale, mainly to meet family's needs. This type of farming produces enough food staple items to feed the farmer's family with some remaining for sale. Some animals that are raised by subsistence farmers are chickens, goats, and pigs. Plants grown by these farmers are tomatoes, peppers, pigeon peas, limes,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Production - Location & Change (view all)
- There are three different sectors within business. They are:...
- Development Essay - BRAZIL
- The Scott Report and the Making of the Modern Countryside - ...
- What effects did railways have on life in Britain in the per...
- What is meant by the terms core and periphery?
- With reference to located examples, explain how the exploita...
- with reference to 2 contrasting countries describe and expla...
- This essay is going to reflect changes on what I remember of...
- Case Study of Rural Rebranding by the Forestry Commission in...
- Oil and Gas industry in Kazakhstan
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.