- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Water Crisis in Pakistan, its Impact on the Economy and Potential Solutions.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Pakistan is one of the 30 countries of the world, facing an acute water deficiency, which is likely to aggravate during the forthcoming decades. More then 80% of Pakistan lies in the arid and semi-arid zones, characterized by highly erratic, unpredictable and low precipitation, excessive evapo-transpiration and high summer temperatures. Coupled with uneven river flow, the climatic vagrancy has placed Pakistan in a critical water supply environment. Presently Pakistan is going worst draught and water crisis of its history which is likely to persist for few years. To understand the magnitude of the water shortage and its impact on economy, some of the causes are listed below.
In the years when rainfall is normal or above, the country generally does not face any water shortage, where as in below average rainfall period it does. This has happened just few weeks earlier.
As said earlier that now-a-days Pakistan is facing severe shortage of water. There are two main reasons, one natural due to prolong drought which is beyond the control of a man, and the other due to the gross negligence in the development and the mis-management of water resources.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental Management (view all)
- Evolution of management theories.
- The impact of human activities on the environment
- The Environment: Whose Responsibility?
- HOW PHYSICAL AND HUMAN FACTORS MAY HAVE MADE FLORIDA A CROWD...
- Greenhouse Effect Research Assignment.
- I am researching about four organisations energy policies wh...
- With reference to transport management in urban areas, discu...
- What Is Hydroelectricity? What are the Pros and Cons?
- (1a) Explain the classification of the selected energy resou...
- To what extent has the Three Gorges Dam project, in China, b...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.