- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What are the consequences of development?
The first 200 words of this essay...
"What are the consequences of development?"
Development is the level of technological application and economic organisation of a country. Countries want to develop because it will help to give the people of the country a better quality of life through improving services such as health and education. Developing will improve their industry providing more jobs and result in a growth in the country economy. Development can also provide the country with more resources such as food and other raw materials.
On Rostow's stages of development model every countries aim would be to reach level 5, in this stage growth occurs in all areas of the countries economy and therefore the country can sustain itself for periods of time. Few countries have reached stage 5; these are the UK, U.S, and Japan. Countries such as India are stage 3 and 4 respectively while Ethiopia has yet to reach stage 1 to date. LEDC's don't reach stage 5 due to the lack of resources and technology that they have compared to their competitors. This can be caused due to the lack of evenly distributed resources, as MEDC's don't want any more competitors then they already have. A lot of LEDC's have
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Global Interdependence & Economic Transition (view all)
- The Development of the Modern Travel and Tourism Industry
- Discuss the Extent to which it is possible to measure develo...
- The relationships between the physical environment and econo...
- The Impact of Transnational Corporations on Less Economicall...
- The Meaning of Globalisation and its Effects
- (1b) Using named examples, evaluate the economic and politic...
- To what extent do Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) meet...
- How energy secure are we in the UK?
- It may seem that the spice trade in ancient times and modern...
- World Development Essay. The Role of Charities.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.