- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A report on the strategies that have been created to prevent my communicable and non-communicable diseases.
The first 200 words of this essay...
For the purpose of this assignment I will be producing a report on the strategies that have been created to prevent my communicable and non-communicable disease, I will than be discussing the strengths and weaknesses of each strategy and I will be comparing the local strategies to the national strategies.
The National HIV strategy
The national strategy for sexual health and HIV was created by the Department of Health, in England it contains many objectives and targets which they aim to fulfil regarding the disease HIV. Taken from the department of health website the aims are:
"The key aims of HIV prevention are:
To reduce the number of newly acquired HIV infections;
To reduce the levels of unsafe sex (measured, for example, by rates of STIs including rectal gonorrhoea); and
To raise awareness of services."
The objectives of this strategy is to try to give priority in preventing HIV in gay men or communities, to develop national AIDS Trust with London health authorities to help prevent HIV in African communities. Also to create better outreach services for people with undiagnosed HIV especially the targeting groups, to make sure
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.