- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
a2 coursework into health
The first 200 words of this essay...
Positive care environment
During both of the care environments in which I have worked I have been able to witness how the care value base is implemented. The care value base is an ethical code which governs how carers should act. It is designed to guide the practise of professionals in working situations, to be certain that they are not discriminating, being unkind, or providing poor care or poor services to the service user.
For the purpose of this Unit I have decided to discuss how I feel a positive care environment was achieved in the nursing home I worked in.
The care value base covers five main areas:
1. Promoting anti-discriminatory practice: Carers have a duty to promote anti-discriminatory practice in their professional lives.
2. Maintaining confidentiality: Clients must know that they can trust their carers: Clients may be put at risk and their self esteem damaged if confidential information is shared with others, and there are legal requirements to keep personal records confidential.
3. Promoting and supporting individual rights.
4. Acknowledging individuals' personal beliefs and identities.
5. Promoting effective communication.
In the care home,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Explain strategies used in health and social care environme...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.