- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
What is acupuncture and where did it come from?
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medical procedure involving insertion and manipulation of needles5. It is one of the most popular complementary therapies in the UK. It is a system of healing that has been practiced for thousands of years6. It is normally used for pain relief but some people have used Acupuncture to cure illnesses8.
What is the aim of acupuncture?
The aim of acupuncture is to treat people with a wide range of problems7. Mostly used for a persons well-being and for stress relief. Its aim is to manage pain, inflammation and enhance the body's healing capacity.
What is acupuncture used for?
Here are some examples of what acupuncture is used for:
> Common cold
> Bladder problems
> High blood pressure
> Muscular pains
> Skin conditions
> Hay fever
> Menstrual disorders
Chinese people still use Acupuncture for surgical analgesia in their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.