- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Alchoholism Case Study
The first 200 words of this essay...
Alchoholism Case Study
This case study took place at an Alcohol and Addiction Counselling Practice. This service offers people with drug or alcohol related problems an opportunity to increase their quality of life by: providing advice and information, one-to-one counselling, a gender specific alcohol and drug user group, a support group for people who have stopped drinking or using drugs and a family and friends support group.
The first interview with Claire took place in October 2000. Her psychiatrist referred Claire to our practice. His first contact with Claire was in August of the same year. She was referred to him by a hospital that had treated her for an attempted suicide. Although the psychiatrist is treating Claire for severe depression it has become apparent to him that she has a problem with alcohol. She is 30 years old and was divorced two years ago. She has no children. There is no partner in her life now or since her divorce and she lives in a rented one bed roomed house. She is unemployed and is currently in receipt of Income Support. Claire has requested a counselling programme that will help her to abstain from alcohol. She has not
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Choose two different types of vulnerable adult abuse and ass...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.