- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Anorexia nervosa - Why are teenagers in particular most effected?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Why are teenagers in particular most effected?
I have chosen to study about Anorexia Nervosa because I would like to know more about this topic and why people do it to themselves. I wonder why young people in particular feel that they need to be so thin.
In this assignment I would like to study mainly on why teenage girls feel so conscious about their bodies, what they feel about the way that women are portrayed in the media and the effects of Anorexia Nervosa.
To be able to cover this stage of work, I will find information from the Internet and the library, write off to a campaign and collect leaflets. From all of this information I find I hope to get photos and information all about the causes, treatment and the long-term effects.
Whats the difference between Anorexia and Bulimia?
People with anorexia starve themselves, avoid high-calorie foods and exercise constantly. People with bulimia eat huge amounts of food, but they throw up soon after eating, or take laxatives or diuretics (water pills) to keep them from gaining weight. People with bulimia don't usually lose as much weight as people with anorexia. It is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Choose two different types of vulnerable adult abuse and ass...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.