- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Bones, muscles, respiratory and circulatory systems.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Unit 12- Physical Activities
The human body has 206 bones. They are divided in to two parts, the Axial skeleton and the Appendicular skeleton. The Axial is made up of the skull, sternum, ribs and spine. The Appendicular is made up of the shoulder, hip, arm, leg and pelvic bone. In the skeleton system there are 4 types of bones, 6 types of joints and 3 classes of levers.
There are four groups of bones they are long bones, short bones, flat bones and irregular bones.
* The long bones are found in the thigh, legs, arms and forearms. They are longer than wider. They have compact bone in the middle, so that they are stronger and do not bend, they have spongy bone at the end so they are more flexible to move.
* The short bones are usually found in the wrists and ankles. They are nearly as long as wide. They are mostly spongy, which gives them ability to move with a thin layer of compact bone.
* The flat bones are mostly in the cranium. They are thin, usually curved and flattened.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Explain the strategies and methods that can be used to suppo...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.