- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Case Study - Simbec Research Limited specialize in drug development, clinical pharmacology and the development of bio-analytical methods for drugs
The first 200 words of this essay...
Ysgol Gyfun Emlyn
Simbec Research Limited
Simbec are one of the longest established Clinical Research Organisations (CRO) in Europe, who carry out Phase I - IV clinical research. They are a multi-national company with offices overseas in Israel, Spain, Japan, India and Eastern Europe. They specialize in drug development, clinical pharmacology and the development of bio-analytical methods for drugs. In Merthyr Tydfil they have bio-analytical, gammascintography, pathology labs and also a ward for volunteers on trials.
Monday 8th July - Day 1
After an early morning, and an hour long train journey from Cardiff to Merthyr Tydfil, we (me and Emma, who was also on a quality work placement) arrived at Simbec. On arrival at the reception we were greeted by the company secretary Brian Hallisey. In a thirty minute talk he went through the basic safety procedures, we were also given the opportunity to ask him any questions we had at that point. He then took us down to the bio-analytical unit, where we would be spending the first three days of our visit. Brian Hallisey then introduced us to Philip R. Robinson, the manager of the bio-analytical unit. He
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Choose two different types of vulnerable adult abuse and ass...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.