- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Childcare in Education Level 3 Unit 4. Health and Safety. A Routine for a 1 year old.
- Essay length: 3309 words
- Submitted: 13/06/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
E1 - There are many different legislations that influence a healthy, safe and secure environments, these include The Healthy and Safety at Work Act 1974, COSHH 2002, RIDDOR 1995, Smoking Ban 2007 and The Childcare Act 2006.
E2 - To deal with a bump to the head the child must be immediately assessed at the scene by an adult who knows them to monitor the severity of the incident. Assuming the child is conscious, they are then taken to the medical room and then they are re-assessed by the Main First Aider. The child is sat down and a cold compress is applied to the bump site, the child must not be left alone at any time. The parent/guardian of the child should be immediately contacted they are informed how the child is and if school requires them to be collected to be watched at home (or taken to the hospital for further checks). If the child is not in severe trouble or requiring further medical care, it is also up to the parent to decide if they want to collect the child "just in case".
If the child returns to the class,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Four models of disability with barriers and assessing them.
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.