- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Children's social and emotional development from the age of 4. Factors that can affect learning.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Most children at the age of four are at the expected stage of social development as they are now becoming more loving and caring towards their family and friends. Children also at this stage begin to play more with other children and are most likely to play pretend activities and games. For example if children are in the home corner, they will play with the pretend fruit items, cooking equipment and other items. This helps the children develop their social skills, as they are communicating and take up roles and feel a sense of responsibility. At this stage, the children will show concerns for other children if they see them upset or distressed and begin to make closer relationships and stronger friendships. For example if a child notices another child crying or being upset then that child will be able to comfort the other child and support them. Also at this stage children are feeling a lot more confident during these ages and stages.
P, Tassoni (2007) Page 43 states, this is a more settled year for children. They show social skills such as taking turns, sharing and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- PROMOTING HEALTH. P1: explain three different approaches to...
- Unit 3 Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.