- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Compare and contrast the different perspectives on abnormal behavior (4 perspectives) Good and bad and what do you think.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Compare and contrast the different perspectives on abnormal behavior
(4 perspectives) Good and bad and what do you think.
Several models have been put forward over the years. Four of these models are the medical model, the psychodynamic model, the behavioural model and the cognitive model. All of these models have good and bad points depending on what the abnormality is.
The medical model shows that abnormal behaviors result from physical problems and should be treated medically. It shows that mental disorders can be treated with medicine. They are four kinds of medical explanation. The four kinds of explanation are infection, genetic factors, biochemistry and neuroanatomy. All of these are different conditions that the patient may have can cause the abnormal behavior, the medical model suggests that some of these conditions can be treated with medicine and some of these conditions are impossible to treat with the current medical technology and has to be researched to give a treatment.
Some of these treatments have proven to work with some patients, however, medicine cannot always treat the patient and has claimed to be untreatable. Some of these untreatable mental disorders
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Explain the strategies and methods that can be used to suppo...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'