- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe key aspects of public health. Identify current patterns of ill health and inequality in the UK (P3)
- Essay length: 9518 words
- Submitted: 07/06/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
Describe key aspects of public health (P1)
An epidemiologist needs to know several things to able to study the spread of disease in the human population. This is so that they can understand the spread of infection to help over come or stop a crisis of an epidemic.
These are some of the things that they would analyse and measure within their studies.
In public health rate is the measurement of the frequency of occurrence.
This is the number of all people with a disease or condition in a given population at a specific time, either a point in time or over a period of time.
This measures only new cases of a disease or condition in question in a population over a specific period of time.
Morbidity rates measure the incidents of diseases within a specific time period.
Morbidity rate is the measure of the number of people that have died in a specific time scale.
Other things that an epidemiologist may study are:-
Age- this might include the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Four models of disability with barriers and assessing them.
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.