- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe the role of energy in the body and the physiology of three named body systems in relation to energy metabolism
- Essay length: 5628 words
- Submitted: 03/02/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
P4: Describe the role of energy in the body and the physiology of three named body systems in relation to energy metabolism
One of the laws is thermodynamics which is also known as the conservation of energy. A consequence of this law is that energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be transformed from one state to another. The only thing that can happen to energy in a closed system is that it can change form, for instance chemical energy can become kinetic energy. The other part of this law is transformation of energy which is the transformation of energy from one form into another. This form might not be capable of being measured or of use.
Forms of energy
Chemical energy is the most common form out of the several forms that there are of it. The chemical bond is what combines atoms or molecules with one another, energy is found within these bonds. Once a newly formed bond is produced through two atoms, energy is needed in order for this bond to be formed successfully. The energy that is used is normally heat energy, however light and electrical energy can
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Unit 3 Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care...
- I shall be assessing the different psychological approaches ...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.