- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe ways of reflecting on and challenging discrimination issues in health and social care
The first 200 words of this essay...
Task 1 - Describe Ways of Reflecting on and Challenging Discriminatory Issues in Health and Social Care
There will always be ethical issues in healthcare, below are 5 issues that can cause conflict between staff and patients.
Rights of one patient will clash with the rights of another
A patient has the right to watch TV or listen to the radio, while the patient in the next bed has the right the right to an undisturbed sleep the rights of these two patients clash. By providing earphones could help resolve this. If patients share a room one wants the door propped open and the other one doesn't although this is a clash of rights the rights of the patient who wanted the door closed would outweigh the other as propping open doors is a fire risk. However the patients could be offered a single room and the patient who wanted the door open could have electro-magnetic device fitted to their bedroom door which would make the door close in the event of a fire .In my placement my mentor discussed this with me he said he had to challenge the home he worked in to provide this
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Explain strategies used in health and social care environme...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.