- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Drugs and Alcohol.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Drugs and Alcohol
In this essay I aim to find out why people, particularly teenagers, turn to drugs and / or alcohol. I am also going to research the different kinds of drugs available, and the effects of these drugs and alcohol. I will also find out how I can help somebody with a drug or alcohol problem.
There are many reasons why people turn to drugs or alcohol, they include:
* They enjoy the short-term effects
* They want the same kind of experience they get from drinking alcohol
* Their friends use them
* They are curious about the effects
* The drugs are easily available
* As part of growing up, teenagers want to 'break the rules'
Alcohol, however, is a lot easier to get hold of, and many young children and teenagers have drunk alcohol with their friends to get drunk. I surveyed several teenagers that have drank alcohol and asked them why they did it.
Becky, 13 - My friends have vodka and stuff in their cupboards and we just mix them all up and get drunk for a laugh. I
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Can CBT make a meaningful contribution in the treatment of s...
- P3 explain factors that may influence communication and inte...
- Describe Health and Social Care Service Provision for looked...
- Abnormal Psychology - Bipolar Disorder
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.