- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain how to protect older service users from abuse.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain how to protect older service users from abuse
Those who are vulnerable, like the elderly are more likely to be a victim of abuse, however abuse can happen to anybody, by anyone, at any time. This is why it is important to know the different types of abuse and the possible signs of it, as it can help provide them with safety and protection. Although if somebody is exhibiting these signs it does not automatically mean they are a victim of abuse as there may be a good explanation. For example those of a more elderly age has skin that bruises much easier so bruised skin may be from where they accidentally banged themselves. This shouldn't be assumed however and deciding if someone is being abused or not is usually a difficult and lengthy process that may not be found out for years, it is usually a combination of factors that gives more of a clue to the whole situation. Elder abuse can be defined as "'A single or repeated act or lack of appropriate action, occurring within any relationship where there is an expectation of trust, which causes harm or distress to an older person"(who.int/ageing/projects/elder_abuse/en, 08/03/12). There are
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Four models of disability with barriers and assessing them.
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Zoey. University Student.