- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Factors that affect learning for different individuals. The factors that currently influence my learning do have a strong impact; my chosen lifestyle means that I need to be employed and work a minimum of sixteen hours per week in order to pay the bills.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Healthcare and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Factors that influence learning vary between individuals, so factors that affect me may not necessarily affect others.
David Kolb observed that "personal habits and routines, beliefs, cultural customs, values, motivation and career aspirations are all influences because they can affect attitudes to study and its priority over other demands on an individual, such as home life or work." (B. Stretch, M. Whitehouse. BTEC Nationals Health and Social Care Book 1: 279)
The following diagram shows a range of influences that affect learning.
The factors which are identified in the diagram that have the most impact on my learning are: time, friends, aspirations, employment, lifestyle and motivation. Some of these factors influence me negatively and some positively; although I have found that with experience and change in my surrounding environment that these factors differ. I have also found that with experience I have developed ways to overcome the barriers that influence my learning.
The factors that currently influence my learning do have a strong impact; my chosen lifestyle means that I need to be employed and work a minimum of sixteen hours per week in order to pay the bills. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Explain strategies used in health and social care environme...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.