- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
For this assignment I will be looking at how organisations create a positive care environment.
- Essay length: 6984 words
- Submitted: 28/09/2009
Not what you were searching for?
The first 200 words of this essay...
For this assignment I will be looking at how organisations create a positive care environment. I will be discussing the barriers which could prevent a service user from gaining access to a service. I will also be looking at the legal rights each and every service user has in health care settings and how legislation plays a part in this. I will examine the importance of the care value base in care settings and how it can help create a positive care environment. Creating and maintaining a positive care environment requires care practitioners to be open minded as the values and beliefs of service users will differ from their own, therefore they need to have an understanding of the diverse society we live in.
Britain today is a multicultural society. It has a mixture of diverse ethnic groups where residents reflect a wide range of national, cultural, racial and religious backgrounds and mixtures. British governments have taken - and continue to take - steps to tackle problems of discrimination and disadvantage through pioneering such things as race relations legislation which makes racial discrimination an unacceptable, and illegal, practice, and through policy to redress disadvantage.(2)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Unit 3 Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- P1 & P2 Public Health
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.