- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
History of Aspirin
The first 200 words of this essay...
The structure of the talk
1) History of Aspirin
Who discovered it? Mohammed
How was it used?
2) The structure of it Russell
3) Extraction of Aspirin Jiten
4) Useful facts and Advices Mohammed
History of Aspirin
The properties of the pain relieving bark of the willow tree have been known since the ancient times. 'Salicin' which is an active ingredient is found within the willow bark was first isolated in 1829 by Leroux.
Experimental work and further research led to the discovery of 'ASPIRIN' by a German chemist Dr Felix Hoffman. A pharmaceutical company called 'Bayer' around 1899 introduced it into the marketplace.
Aspirin is effective as a pain relief and fever reduction. It prevents the aggregation of platelets, it can even prevent stroke. Aspirin is preferred drug for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and it is not recommended to children with viral infections such as chicken pox.
Nowadays Aspirin is readily made by the acetylating 'salicylic acid' with 'acetic anhydride'. It is the most widely used pharmaceutical product with an estimated consumption of over 10,000 tons per year in the States alone.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- How is anti-discriminatory practice is promoted in health an...
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Unit 10 caring for children and young people
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.