- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Illnesses of the cardiovascular/ respiratory system - Strokes and Emphysema
The first 200 words of this essay...
Task 4- illnesses of the cardiovascular/ respiratory system
P4- identify a malfunction in each of the two major system described.
P5- identify risk factor of the two malfunctions.
A Stroke is when your blood flow to the brain is interrupted and your brain cells are starting to die, because they are not getting the oxygen and nutrient that they needed to function, Although the blockage of arteries in the heart could lead to a stroke, affected a tiny area of brain that makes the tissues of the brain to die.
Also that could lead to major problems e.g. trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination, trouble seeing in one or both eyes and weakness of the face, arm, or leg. Therefore it can affect the entire body e.g. problems with thinking, problems with speaking and emotional problems, also the patient may experiences a range of pain after the stroke happened to them.
Also some people will not be able to know that they have stroke because it affect their ability to think.
What cause that are high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes and smoking.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Can CBT make a meaningful contribution in the treatment of s...
- P3 explain factors that may influence communication and inte...
- Describe Health and Social Care Service Provision for looked...
- Abnormal Psychology - Bipolar Disorder
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.