- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Kids and Drugs
The first 200 words of this essay...
Kids and Drugs
DRUGS, ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO - GENERAL
Drugs, drugs, drugs! In most cultures we are surrounded by substances that alter our mind or our body functions. Some of these are legal and accepted; others are illegal and not accepted. Some drugs can make people feel ill, and others may kill them. This article looks at drug and alcohol use in a general way. It covers things like: why people use them, how much they are used, the effects they have on health and some tips for people who want to change their drug use. Both young people and research have guided this article.
Why do kids use drugs?
Young people say they turn to alcohol and other drugs for one or more of the following reasons:
* To do what their friends are doing
* To escape pain in their lives
* To fit in
* For fun
* To take risks
TYPES OF DRUGS
A drug is any chemical that is not food and that affects your body. Drugs can be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Unit 3 Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- P1 & P2 Public Health
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student