- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Legislation to prevent Adult Abuse
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Healthcare and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Act 2006
This legislation was first bought out in 2006. It was bought out so that the protection of adults was put into place. The legislation requires anybody working with adults to be registered. The legislation works alongside The Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) they are responsible for deciding who should be barred fromw orking with the vulnerable. This would be done from any illegal action which they have undertaken and been, cautioned, reprimanded or even sent to jail for.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 enables some criminal convictions to become 'spent', or ignored, after a 'rehabilitation period'. A rehabilitation period is a set length of time from the date of conviction. After this period, with certain exceptions, an ex-offender is not normally obliged to mention their conviction when applying for a job or obtaining insurance, or when involved in criminal or civil proceedings. The Act is more likely to help people with few and/or minor convictions because of the way further convictions extend the rehabilitation period. People with many convictions, especially serious convictions, may not benefit from the Act unless the last convictions are very old.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Explain the signs and symptoms related to Heart Disease and ...
- P1 & P2 Public Health
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.