- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
m1: explain how the communication cycle may be used to communicate difficult, complex and sensitive issues
The first 200 words of this essay...
M1: Explain how the communication cycle may be used to communicate difficult, complex and sensitive issues.
A difficult communication may involve a service user who does not have spoken English as a first language; poor English skills. For example if a service user goes to their local nurse for blood test with no appointment therefore the nurse wouldn't have advanced knowing so she/he couldn't get an interpreter to be present.
Stage 1 Sender:
The nurse wants to tell the service user that she/he has to inject them in the arm to get a sample of their blood and that it is only a small prick and won't hurt at all.
Stage 2 Encode Message:
The nurse simplifies her/his language into key words that the service user would understand.
Stage 3 Medium:
The nurse would demonstrate what he/she is going to do. E.g. the nurse could get the injection with the lid still on it and show the service user the procedure that she will be doing whilst explaining it in simple key words.
Stage 4 Receivers:
The message is received by the service user - heard and seen.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Four models of disability with barriers and assessing them.
- Identify key aspects of legislation and guidelines relevant ...
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student