- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Major Body System Report. The trunk of the human body is divided into three cavities; the thorax, abdomen and the pelvis.
- Essay length: 4867 words
- Submitted: 25/03/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
Major Body System Report.
The trunk of the human body is divided into three cavities; the thorax, abdomen and the pelvis.
A fibro-muscular layer, the diaphragm, separates the thorax (upper chest) from the abdomen. The pelvis lies beneath the abdomen but there is no physical separation. The oesophagus, aorta and vena cava penetrate through the diaphragm.
The following systems are major systems within the body.
The Renal System.
The Renal system is made up of kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra, all of which are involved in the formation and release of urine.
The human body has two kidneys which are organs shaped like a bean; they produce urine to get rid of the body's unwanted waste. The Ureters transport the urine to the bladder; these are two tubes that emerge from the kidneys to the bladder. The Bladder stores the urine until it is excreted via the urethra. The sphincter muscle controls the release and pressure of urine.
A secondary function of the kidneys is contributing to the control of blood pressure and production of red blood cells. Blood is supplied to the kidneys via the renal arteries which are smaller vessels
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- Unit 3 Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- P1 & P2 Public Health
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.