- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
My name is Florence Nightingale. Many people know me as "the lady with the lamp."
The first 200 words of this essay...
My name is Florence Nightingale. Many people know me as "the lady with the lamp." My history tells that I was seen as an angel of mercy. My contributions to medicine are still very much seen today.
I was born May 12, 1820 and Fanny Nightingale in Florence, Italy.
William My mother wanted her children to have different names, so her firstborn, my sister, was named Parthenope after an ancient Greek site. I was named Florence after the town in which I was born. My parents were known to be very strong-willed and intelligent people. When I was a year old, my family moved to back to their homeland, Europe. My father had inherited a large amount of money so I grew up in an upscale world of games, guests, excursions, pets and amusements. My father began educating me and my sister when we were quite young. He taught us Greek, French, Italian, and German. I remember very clearly his consistency in teaching me to study history, philosophy, math, ethics and the Bible. I expressed early on my desire to help people when my sister and I were playing dolls. Parthenope had fun taking the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Discuss difficulties that may arise when implementing anti-d...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- Theories of ageing p4 m2
- In this essay I shall begin to justify how an ethical approa...
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'