- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Nervous System in Relation to Sensitivity of The Body
The first 200 words of this essay...
Sensitivity of the Body
All living things perform seven life processes; Movement, Respiration, Sensitivity, Growth, Reproduction, Excretion and Nutrition. Each system of the body has a specific role in each of these actions. In this article we shall discuss sensitivity.
The system directly involved in sensitivity is the Nervous system. The nervous system is not one specific system. It includes both the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system. The central nervous system is located within the brain and spinal cord. The peripheral nervous system is stretched throughout the remainder of the body, connecting the central nervous system to the all of our limbs and organs.
Sensitivity in the body covers a wide range of senses; sight, taste, touch, hearing and smell. There are five sense organs in the human body which can be associated with senses known as sensory organs. These five sensory organs each have receptors for the specific stimuli which link to the parts of the nervous system (sensory systems) and by extension, the brain. In addition to these five senses there are a number of other senses that require the use of multiple sensory organs such as pressure or awareness of balance.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Healthcare (view all)
- Personal & professional development in Health & Soci...
- PROMOTING HEALTH. P1: explain three different approaches to...
- Unit 3 Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care...
- Health and Social Care Unit 3 Health and Well being
- In this essay I will be outlining key legislation and regula...
- Food Safety -unit 3 health and social care
- Describe the role of energy in the human body
- Unit 5 Anatomy and physiology in health and social care
- Unit 4 P4, P5 & D2. Development Through The Life Stages
- Improving access to sexual health services
- p1: explain the purpose and role of research for the health ...
- Understand why effective communication is important in the w...
- Promoting a healthy environment for children. Legislation a...
- Investigating Diseases. I will be looking at and comparing c...
- Describe physical, intellectual, emotional and social develo...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.